Monday, November 28, 2011

English to True English Translator

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it"

Translation: I'll throw you off that bridge when we come to it.

"How did he/she die?"

Translation: "How can I avoid this person's fate?"

"These things happen."

Translation: God loves me more than you, right?

"Stranger things have happened."

Translation: Whatever you're going to do is probably going to fail, and I'm too nice to be honest about it.

"If there's anything I can do, let me know."

Translation: Please God, let there not be anything I can do.

"She's cute/nice/sweet/a good person"

Translation: She's not the supermodel you're hoping for, and frankly, you deserve far worse.

"Don't worry, I'm sure things will work out for you."

Translation: I'm tired of interacting with you, so I'll pretend to be God to get you to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment